Our Environmental Policy
Lowering our carbon footprint
Regular customers will notice we made some big changes while we were closed due to COVID lockdown. We’re now far more energy efficient.
Here’s what we’re doing now to play our part in reducing global warming and leaving more natural resources for all our children.
• Goodbye wasteful gas heating – we’re running on green energy from air source heat pumps to heat the building and hot water.
• All our lighting is low energy LED.
• The building is temperature controlled so on warm days we’ll use even less energy.
• We buy all our coffee from a sustainable provider. It is 100% traceable and ethically sourced from fairly paid growers.
• We recycle all food waste, cans, bottles, paper, card and glass.
• We reduce water use with automatic shut-offs for taps, and even the urinal has a sensor, so only flushes when needed. We use warm air driers (not paper towels) to reduce waste.
• We choose washable items over disposable whenever we can.
We’re aiming for zero waste so our energy reduction policy is ongoing. If you spot other ways we could use less energy, please help by mentioning it to any member of staff or email us on email@example.com