We at Jabberwocky Softplay and Cafe (collectively “Jabberwocky Softplay and Cafe”, “we”, “us” and “our”) take your privacy very seriously. We know that you, like us, care about how your personal information is used and shared.
Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact with us, in any manner, via our website or other services.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES JABBERWOCKY SOFTPLAY AND CAFE COLLECT?
Information you provide to us:
- When you use our website, we may collect personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, email address and telephone number via our online forms.
- When you ask to use our services, we collect personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, email address, telephone number and postal address, as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide us in connection with the delivery of services.
Information we automatically collect:
When you use our website, we collect information via cookies and other similar technologies which may include saving cookies to users’ computers. We collect certain information related to your device such as IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and when.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect via our services for a range of reasons, including:
- to set up a contact record in our CRM (customer relationship management) system;
- to manage our customers’ use of our services i.e. respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- to provide requested services such as parties, room hire etc
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorised access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- for any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We use the information we collect via our website:
- for the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for information on our products and services and to provide those services;
- for administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse customers’ use of our website for trend monitoring and marketing purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We may also use the information you send to us via our website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “What choices do I have?” section below).
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION MIGHT BE SHARED
Our data processors are:
- SurveyMonkey – online survey tool
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
HOW DO WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We do not supply, rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone under any circumstances.
We may process your Personal Information for our legitimate business interests e.g. direct marketing, data analytics and/or enhancing/modifying/improving our services (see ‘Legitimate Interests’ section below).
We do not transfer any information, personal or otherwise, outside of the EEA (European Economic Area).
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the Police or security services.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. For example, we have an interest in making sure our products and services are relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you responses which are tailored to your enquiries. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when using our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our Legitimate Interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our Legitimate Business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
If you have any concerns you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. Please see ‘How to contact us’ below.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or so that we can contact you in the case of any changes to event details. You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by sending us an ‘unsubscribe’ email to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided Personal Information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE THE INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME?
You can ask us if we are keeping any Personal Information about you and request to receive a copy of that data by making a Subject Access Request. Before your request can be processed you will need to provide Jabberwocky Softplay and Cafe with adequate proof of identity, for example, a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence.
Please try to be as clear and give as much detail about the information you are seeking and send your Subject Access Request, along with proof of identity to:
General Manager, Jabberwocky Soft Play and Café, 6 Lodge Street, Haddington EH41 3DX or email@example.com
You will receive a response from us within 40 days of receipt of your Request and will be able to get copies of any Personal Information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
You may request that we delete or correct the Personal Information held by Jabberwocky Soft Play and café at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us as follows:
- email@example.com, or
- Jabberwocky Soft Play and Café, , 6 Lodge Street, Haddington EH41 3DX
Jabberwocky Soft Play and Café is the Trading name of East Lothian Leisure Ltd a Scottish company limited by guarantee (Company No. SC463257). Our VAT number is GB 193879640.